We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
To me health is growth. “If you’re not growing, you dying” is a common adage. Sometimes, pausing and reflecting spurs growth. Sometimes, resting and recovering creates room to grow. Sometimes, you need to grab the wheel hard with both hands and drive your growth. Choose from a list of habits below to kickstart a new journey down the rabbit-hole of life. Contact me if you’ve picked up an important habit or leave a comment at the bottom. I’d like to know what you’ve learned.
The only question is: Which habit will you choose?
Quick Organization Primer:
- A Story link below describes my experience with a specific habit.
- A Habit or Exercise link provides implementation details.
- A Post describes a broader topic, not a specific habit.
- A Speech is a video on a topic and typically 5-7 minutes long.
- Best Self Vision – Story or Exercise
- Daily Habits Visuals – Post
- J-Curve of Habit Change – Post
- Why shouldn’t you ‘Follow Your Passion’? – Post
- Eat Less Sugar –Story and Habit
- Eat Clean – Story and Habit
- Eat More Veg – Story and Habit
- Eat More Fat – Story and Habit
- Slow Lift Low-Carb + Fasting – Habit
- Speech: Eat More Fruit, Vegetables, and Fat
- Key Concepts: Fat does not make you fat. More carbs require more insulin, which promotes fat storage. Vegetables and fruits are harder to overeat than sugars, starches, and grains.
- Speech: Eyes on the Situation (Depression)
- Read More Deeply – Habit
- Examine Your Information Sources – Habit
- Daily Idea Practice – Story and Habit
- Cold Shower – Story and Habit
- Speech: The Mindful Mark of Stoicism
- Key Concepts: Practice Misfortune, Turn Obstacles into Opportunities, See the World Clearly
- Speech: Lessons in Life from a Journey through the Ring
- Key Concepts: Humility, Self-Awareness, Perseverance
- Bodyweight Exercises – Story and Habit
- Walking – Story and Habit
- Burpees to Start Day – Story and Habit
- Sprints – Habit
- Tabata – Story and Habit
- Slow Lifting – Story and Habit